Tuesday 8 February 2011

ARTIST RESEARCH [Lucy Mclauchlan]

LUCY MCLAUCHLAN 

I love this artist, her screen prints are produced at such a high standard which really shows a professional finish throughout her work. The two colours she uses through most of her prints work effectively and grab the viewers attention. I feel if she were to use a more varied colour palette it would add confusion and would be less effective due to the incredible detail her work consists of. The contrast between thick and thinner lines and darker areas of space in comparison to detailed areas looks attractive and very appealing/approachable. The hair most of her pieces consists of puts a stamp on these prints and creates a piece in itself. I would love to have used this artists for inspiration towards my own screen prints but taking the time into consideration it would have been too time consuming, however I will take this into consideration for further development.Lucy's works show representation of her thoughts at the moment of the drawing itself, which I consider to be a unique quality. 






No comments:

Post a Comment