Tuesday 8 February 2011

GENERAL RESEARCH

These images show the possibilities I could achieve by using the flock and foil technique. I love the clean and tidy images shown as this has a real professional feel to it, however I understand this is hard to achieve, especially from a hand drawn image so I will expect faults in my print. I will take the colour theme into consideration for when I come towards purchasing materials. I want colours that represent nature, greens would work very effectively as well as golden shades. I love this pattern shown below, the gold foil stands from the matt black background, it really grabs your attention and sells the product. The pattern itself is very attractive, I believe my butterflies also have this aspect and would attract the more feminine audience. Wallpaper can consist of this technique. The textural layered elements would attract a great deal of consumers. I feel my print would work really well when covering a cushion, the print is quite small but would look very effective. This first image shown shows a simple yet effective pattern and it would suit this product, I feel my hand drawn image crosses between being simple with detailed aspects, like the pattern on the wings so would therefore suit cushions or card like products. I love the bold detail shown in the patterned images, it really grabs your attention and would sell quickly in the marketing business, however I needed to take the time given into consideration and as this was my first time producing prints using this technique, as well as screen printing I felt a simpler image would be appropriate. 








No comments:

Post a Comment