Tuesday 8 February 2011

FINAL PIECE



I have taken two different photographs of my final piece which you can see in the above images. This was my last experiment using the lino cutting technique. I love the organic, vintage and nature themes this label boasts. I really like how the bird is positioned onto the label as it sits along the edge perfectly and the bird image doesn't come off the label. I found this label in my box of materials which gave me the idea of printing the bird onto it, I have limited my colour palette to give a more effective natural feel, therefore I have used brown shades which I feel have worked really well and the image still stands out from the material but in a subtle way. I chose my favourite bird image from my lino cut, I found this bird had more unusual and unique edges and quirks, the way the bird is positioned looks more interesting and works better with the size of the label. If I were to produce this final piece again I would create a series of labels which would show different shades of greens or browns, I would use the same image of the bird but cut smaller sized [maybe position the birds on top of each other, or along the edge of the label], I would also consider incorporating my other image of the bird. I feel with these attractive and easy to produce labels I could create many, they could be used for different occasions such as presents, I could incorporate different elements like hearts for Valentines. I will take these aspects into consideration for the future as I have really enjoyed this process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment