Tuesday 8 February 2011

EXPERIMENTS

SCREEN PRINT EXPERIMENTS

I have taken my own photographs of some of my experiments I have produced through using this print process. I love the photographs that show the butterfly images overlapping, as you can see in the close up photos the paint has changed colour, which I feel looks really attractive and effective and creates interest. This screen printing process was very time consuming, if I were to change the colour for my piece I would have to wash the screen, wait for it to try [which could take up to 20 minutes] and then I could finally screen print onto my material. I used paper and calico fabric to produce my experiments on, throughout this I found that the calico gave a more vintage/nature feel to it which is what I wanted my work to consist of, because of this reason I chose to produce my final piece using this type of fabric. I feel I could have experimented more with colour and materials however found it challenging due to time consumption.





I love the delicacy of the wings which is shown in this photograph, the overlapped effect brings interest and detail throughout the piece, if I were to improve this print I would position the butterflies in a more elegant separate direction, this would then provide space in-between each individual butterfly. I love the brown and pink shades when combined, I feel they contrast beautifully and effectively and represent flowers in bloom in a natural scenery. 

FINAL PIECE

MY FIRST EXPERIMENT

This experiment shows what looks like water damage, however I feel this fault would have been caused by something attached onto the screen, which would have caused the ink/paint to not seep through the screen. I made sure that I had washed the screen thoroughly after this print so that I could produce high quality prints, however for this experiment I felt it worked quite well and really communicated an antique effect. I love the bright vibrant teal colour, its extremely attractive and would grab the viewers attention, the below photograph shows a close up version of the water damage on some of the butterflies, this could have also occurred because the large amount of paint used however. 



I was influenced by my previous experiment shown on this post, the brown and pink butterflies overlapping. However I have positioned the butterflies in a more spacious elegant direction so that the print doesn't look like a large mass of colour. I love these vibrant shades of colour contrasted together, especially when the overlap which seems to have created a darker shade of blue. I really like how these have been positioned however I feel it looks slightly lopsided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment