Monday 7 February 2011

EVALUATION

Overall I have found this process quick and easy to produce once I had cut the lino, which was very time consuming and took around 3 hours to cut, especially as my two bird images were fairly small with a large mass of background. I bought a 75 cm square cut of lino which cost me 75p. This size was exactly the same size I needed which was fortunate. Once I had cut into the hard lino I found it very interesting experimenting with different textured paper and coloured paint. I found throughout this module there were endless opportunities in which I could experiment with and different techniques, as well as thinking of new ideas during the development of my pieces. I feel because of this aspect I could have experimented with a broader range of materials and different ways to represent this nature theme. I do quite like my image of the blackbirds however, I feel it represents nature effectively and I liked the bold eye-catching and attractive aspect of this print. I found I could have increased the number of experiments produced as my lino was still in tact after the broad range of experimentation [overall I have produced 21 experiments. I feel my final piece has a nature theme throughout, as the colour and feel to the brown label would remind viewers of woodland and various nature scenery. I like how their is a vintage feel to my final piece, a very antique touch to the work [and old fashioned/simple elements] the nature colours such as brown and a darker shade of brown help represent this. I feel I have produced research that has inspired me throughout the print process, even though I had produced this specific technique beforehand I found it useful to refresh my knowledge. I found it useful to have a wide understanding of how this development works, so that I could produce a great amount of experiments in the time given. If I were to produce my final piece again I would improve the line detail that my birds consisted of, I feel more lines communicating the feathers on the birds would have looked really effective and more interesting, perhaps more finished. I would have also produced a series of labels, if I had been given a larger time consumption. I would have produced varied sizes of birds and mirrored the birds so that I could experiment with different poisoning, in order to succeed I would have needed to purchase a larger sized lino cut [which would have cost considerably more]. I really liked how my final piece looked when finished even though I didn't produce detail I feel it suited this specific type of print.   

1 comment: