Tuesday 8 February 2011

GENERAL RESEARCH

LINO CUTTING PRINTS

I love these images I have found from various internet sources. They vary from bold striking prints to detailed interesting prints. I love how Lino Cutting can be used for so many different aspects, like the image shown of the 'thank-you' cards, there are endless opportunities which I will need to consider when I come towards choosing what print process to develop even further. As you can see these images show prints related to nature, as this is my chosen theme I felt it would be appropriate to research into these specific prints. I love the detail that can be achieved, shown in the last images. This would really grab the viewers attention and it looks incredibly interesting, however for this process I also feel that simple yet effective prints look eye-catching and attractive, using a more simple technique would also take less time to achieve and produce. I have been heavily inspired by the second image to use paper from books, this looks very attractive and interesting, I love how the writing from the paper shows through some areas of the bird, which I could experiment with. The image below this second photograph also looks very interesting, the bold shape of the bird looks effective when contrasted with the line detail, this is also something I could take into consideration for when I come towards cutting away at my Lino. Some of the thin lines and detail in these images below would be extremely difficult to cut by hand, I'm guessing they would have used a laser cutting machine in order to achieve this great effect, which I could also take into thought, however because of the time given this may not be a sensible idea. 






No comments:

Post a Comment