Tuesday 8 February 2011

GENERAL RESEARCH

I love these images I have found that show laser cutting techniques. The materials that are used throughout these images look attractive and approachable. I especially love the record cut through birds, I find it looks extremely effective how the record label itself is centered in the shape of the bird. The limited colour palette that is used through the images I have found works really well, it stands out and grabs your attention. Laser cutting is a technology that uses a laser to cut materials and is typically used for industrial manufacturing applications. Laser cutting is also being used by schools, universities, small businesses and hobbyists. Laser cutting works by directing the output of high-power laser, by computer, at the material to be cut. The material then either melts, burns, vaporizes away of is blown away by a jet of gas which leaves an edge with a high quality surface finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment