Monday 7 February 2011

FINAL PIECES





These photos above show my final pieces. I love the vintage feel I get when viewing both of these pieces of work. the nature colours represent my nature symbol effectively and subtly. I really like the page I have produce my symbol on from an old book, the edges of this page had slightly changed colour to a more tea stained effect, which I really liked and feel added to this vintage aspect.Ii also quite like how the bird itself blends in with the written words, it seems as if its connected to nature, as the paper would have come from trees in woodland areas. i have took a close up of this first image to show more detail on the bird, I really like how this photo clearly shows the lines of the words vertically flowing through the birds body, I feel this adds interest and texture, a more layered effect. I also really like the brown label. I like how the bird has been positioned on this label, [slightly off the edge] this is partly because the image I had etched into wouldn't fit, onto the size of the label however this looks more effective and unique, it has a slightly imperfect touch to it. If I had more time to produce these experiments I would have produced a series of brown labels, showing different coloured ink, different sized birds, different positioned birds facing different directions, which is something I might take into consideration at a later date. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your selection of paper. I am always saving cardboard package inserts, etc. as medium. Do you consider the text on the book page as relating to the hummingbird? Nice work.

    ReplyDelete