Tuesday 8 February 2011

FINAL PIECES


As you can see my flock final piece has faults, as I drew my original image onto cream paper, I had to scan this onto white paper then onto acetate it left dirty marks onto the acetate which then went onto the screen, unfortunately this showed up onto my prints, in some cases I felt it looked effective and added an antique touch to my prints, however this flock print doesn't work as effectively with it. I felt it has shown to much on this print and caused distractions away from the detail, because of this element it has also covered the white areas onto the pattern of the butterflies wing. I do quite like this final outcome even though it isn't perfect, I still feel it looks attractive and creates a textural, layered aspect - which I like. I feel the white paper used for this print makes the butterflies stand out and grab the viewers attention, I don't feel as though fabric would have had the same effect. I love my foil prints, these look extremely attractive, especially when viewing the largest butterfly towards the bottom of the material. I was influenced by my flock print to use the same paper for the pieces. I really like how effective and eye-catching the largest butterfly looks with this specific technique, and the dirt on the background doesn't really show throughout the foil prints luckily. I feel the colours used for the foil process have worked well with the nature, vintage aspect I wanted to communicate.  





No comments:

Post a Comment