Tuesday 8 February 2011

FINAL PIECE / EVALUATION

These photographs show my final pieces in different forms. I love the materials shown, Plywood and mount card. I really love the plywood material, as shown in some of the photos it has a 3D effect to it which looks really interesting. I chose to show my pieces as a front cover on a nature book [taking my theme into consideration]. I love the white card in contrast to the moss green colour shown on the book cover. Overall I have found this process extremely exciting and rewarding, experimenting with different materials enabled me to see what looks most effective and what looked produced at a high quality and professional standard. I found this print process very quick and easy to produce, the only difficulty I had was transforming the hand drawn image into a vector image. However once I had produced this and created a laser cut product I had got used to using the laser cutting machine. I felt by creating a simple final piece image to laser cut it worked extremely effectively and because of the simplicity of the image I could produce a wide range of experiments in the time given. I feel I had experimented with a wide range of materials for this particular process. I felt that this process was really interesting discovering what materials worked best and most effective even if there wasn't much skill involved, I really enjoyed finding what the final outcome may look like. If I were to produce this again, as I'm more confident with using this equipment I would produce a more complex hand drawn image as this would add interest and detail, I would have also liked to produce a final piece which incorporated both cut out pieces and engraved for a more varied look. As well as these elements I would really like to produce a laser cut piece with the material, metal. I feel this could communicate a real rugged effect, I feel this would also improve the quality unlike the plywood which left the frays of fabric behind the cut image, I will take this into consideration for when I come towards  further development. 





No comments:

Post a Comment