Tuesday 8 February 2011

ARTIST RESEARCH [Sanna Annukka]

SANNA ANNUKKA




I love this particular artists work. It is clear she has thought about the context of her images, the limited colour palette she keeps throughout her work [two colour] and the amount of detail that would be shown. The contrast between thick and thin lines looks effective and creates a interesting style, the perfect edges would be very hard to to achieve using a cutting tool, especially with the thick lino I have purchased so to present my work like this I would need to laser cut into the lino, this would give me the perfect straight or curved edge like Annukka's work. The two colours she uses for each piece look attractive and eye-catching and work with the sometimes detailed pieces she produces, as well as the more simple designs. I love the second image shown, the opposite colours contrast beautifully and the green shade especially would remind viewers of the woodland areas. I love the simple bold shapes she uses like the trees in this print, combined with extraordinary but simple shaped detail which would attract a large variety of ages. The white background shown in each of these images clearly makes the print stand out and grabs the viewers attention, as the print has been cleverly produced the white space around the image doesn't look like a large mass of empty space but looks like part of the image. I love this artists style and considered using these bold shapes for my experiments and final piece, [as you can see I used a bold image of the birds]. 

No comments:

Post a Comment