Monday 7 February 2011

EVALUATION

Overall I have found this process quick and easy to produce, however I found difficulty when using the machine as it were very heavy to roll one piece at a time. Once I had etched into the acetate [which only took me 10 minutes] I found it more interesting experimenting with different textured paper and coloured ink, I found throughout this module there were endless opportunities in which I could experiment with and different techniques, as well as thinking of new ideas during the development of my pieces. I feel because of this aspect I could have experimented with a broader range of materials and different ways to represent this nature theme. I do quite like my image of the hummingbird however, I feel it represents nature effectively and I liked the detail I had etched into the acetate. I found I could have increased the number of experiments produced as my acetate was still in tact after the broad range of experimentation. I feel my final piece as a nature theme throughout, the type of paper suits the trees through woodland/natural scenery. I really like how their is a vintage feel to my final pieces, the nature colours that shine through help represent this. I feel I have produced research that has inspired me throughout the print process, especially as I had never heard of this specific type of print, I found it useful to have a great understanding of how this development works, therefore I knew the basics of Dry Point, as well as having a demonstration before hand. If I were to produce my final piece again I would improve the line detail that my bird consisted of, I feel more lines communicating the feathers on the bird would have looked really effective and more interesting, perhaps more finished. I would have also produced a series of labels, if I had been given a larger time consumption. I would have produced more etching into the A4 sheet of acetate I bought and produced varies sizes and mirrored the image so that the bird would be facing different directions. I'm not sure that I will take this print process any further however i will take this aspect into consideration and thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment