Monday 7 February 2011

DRY POINT MODULE

I have decided to produce research looking at other peoples dry-point etches in order to broaden my awareness of the possibilities I could create throughout my print experiments. I love this first image showing four different bird etchings. The messy scribbled background works really well with the simple bold image of the bird. The techniques are not very detailed and hard to produce but I could consider using this technique shown in this image for my experiments, or consider producing detail in the background for a range of ideas. the next two images show dry-point prints worked on top with other materials and media, such as pencil to add depth, interest and detail. As my image is going to be fairly simple with soft line detail this may distract from the bird itself, however I could incorporate this into one of my experiments.  



No comments:

Post a Comment