Tuesday 8 February 2011

EVALUATION

Overall I have found this print process very quick and easy to produce, however I feel by creating a simpler image to expose on my screen for flock and foil would have worked more effectively than the detailed butterflies. I felt with the middle butterfly problems occurred as the flock covered the white areas as well as the foil with the smaller butterflies which left a smaller exposed area, which I didn't want to create, this also happened in my screen print experiments, however it's something to take into consideration for future reference. I did love the colours I chose, the olive foil really suited the nature theme I wanted to represent. I felt that this process wasn't extremely interesting as there wasn't much skill needed throughout. I did enjoy finding what the final outcome may look like however. If I were to develop the flock and foil technique any further I would use a much simpler image, perhaps the image I used for laser cutting, I would also produce this on a much more attractive fabric, which I would then cover a chair with. I felt I didn't experiment enough with flock and foil, if I were to produce more experiments I would use the flock and the foil techniques together. To produce this effect I would of had to use the screen to place the glue on top of the material, when dried layer the flock on top, use the same process again however move the screen so that the butterflies were layered when the glue had dried then I would place the foil on top, I feel this would have looked really interesting and effective, especially as the colours I chose contrasted well together. I could have used this same technique but produce butterflies so that two were flock and one of the butterflies were in foil, or vise- versa, this also could have looked really interesting however given the time consumption I had it was difficult to produce all these experiments with all the other modules. I'm pleased with my final outcomes but like mentioned before, feel I could have used a more simple image which would have been more effective and eye-catching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment